On 10/23/2011 12:34 PM, Nathaniel Smith wrote:

> like. And in this case I do think we can come up with an API that will
> make everyone happy, but that Mark's current API probably can't be
> incrementally evolved to become that API.)

No one could object to coming up with an API that makes everyone happy,
provided that it actually gets coded up, tested, and is found to be fast
and maintainable.  When you say the API probably can't be evolved, do
you mean that the underlying implementation also has to be redone?  And
if so, who will do it, and when?

Eric