On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 20:23, Derek Homeier
<de...@astro.physik.uni-goettingen.de> wrote:
> On 20.12.2011, at 9:01PM, Jack Bryan wrote:
>
>> customize Gnu95FCompiler using config
>> C compiler: gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -g -O2 -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3
>> -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -fPIC
>>
>> compile options: '-Inumpy/core/src/private -Inumpy/core/src -Inumpy/core
>> -Inumpy/core/src/npymath -Inumpy/core/src/multiarray -Inumpy/core/src/umath
>> -Inumpy/core/include
>> -I/remote/dcnl/Ding/backup_20100716/python272/include/python2.7 -c'
>> gcc: _configtest.c
>> gcc -pthread _configtest.o -o _configtest
>> success!
>> removing: _configtest.c _configtest.o _configtest
>> C compiler: gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -g -O2 -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3
>> -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -fPIC

>> compile options: '-Inumpy/core/src/private -Inumpy/core/src -Inumpy/core
>> -Inumpy/core/src/npymath -Inumpy/core/src/multiarray -Inumpy/core/src/umath
>> -Inumpy/core/include -I/mypath/python272/include/python2.7 -c'
>> gcc: _configtest.c
>> gcc -pthread _configtest.o -o _configtest
>> _configtest
>> failure.
>>
> The blas failures further up are non-fatal, but I am not sure about the
> _configtest.c,
> or why it once succeeds, then fails again - anyway the installation appears
> to have
> finished.

They are different files. In order to determine your configuration,
the setup.py will try to compile many different small C programs. All
of them are named _configtest. You can ignore all of these unless if
you think the discovered configuration is incorrect somehow. A
"failure" here only means that your system does not provide what is
being tested for.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."