On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 10:05 PM, Russell E. Owen <ro...@uw.edu> wrote:

> In article
> <CABL7CQi_jQZgHa5rL8aSsb_PEmAPTNXyUyQutgQtz=_ljux...@mail.gmail.com>,
>  Ralf Gommers <ralf.gomm...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 10:52 PM, Russell E. Owen <ro...@uw.edu> wrote:

> >,

> unit
> > > tests
> how to

> though

> moving it
> > > off

> on
> > >
> > > The explanation of why g77 is still picked up, and a possible solution:
> >
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.numeric.general/13820/focus=13826
>
> OK. I tried this:
> - clear out old numpy from ~/local
> - unpack fresh numpy 1.6.1 in a build directory and cd into it
> $ python setup.py config_fc --fcompiler=gnu95 build
> $ python setup.py install --home=~/local
> $ cd
> $ python
> $ import numpy
> $ numpy.__file__ # to make sure it picked up the newly build version
> $ numpy.test()
>
> Again the unit test fails with:
> FAIL: test_lapack (test_build.TestF77Mismatch)
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File
> "/astro/users/rowen/local/lib/python/numpy/testing/decorators.py", line
> 146, in skipper_func
>    return f(*args, **kwargs)
>  File
> "/astro/users/rowen/local/lib/python/numpy/linalg/tests/test_build.py",
> line 50, in test_lapack
>    information.""")
> AssertionError: Both g77 and gfortran runtimes linked in lapack_lite !
> This is likely to
> cause random crashes and wrong results. See numpy INSTALL.txt for more
> information.
>
> Looks like the test is incorrect. For some reason you have both
libgfortran.so.3 and libgfortran.so.1 on separate lines of your ldd output.
This causes FindDependenciesLdd to return a list of length 2, which is
interpreted as having found both g77 and gfortran.

So no problem I think, although I don't understand why two different
gfortran binaries are picked up.

Ralf