What do you mean by "efficient"? Are you trying to get it execute
faster? Or using less memory? Or have more concise source code?

Less memory:
 - numpy.vectorize would let you get to the end result without any
intermediate arrays but will be slow.
 - Using the "out" parameter of numpy.logical_and will let you avoid
one of the intermediate arrays.

More speed?:
Perhaps putting all three boolean temporary results into a single
boolean array (using the "out" parameter of numpy.greater, etc) and
using numpy.all might benefit from logical short-circuiting.

And watch out for divide-by-zero from "aNirChannel/aBlueChannel".

Regards,
Richard Hattersley