Hi,

Here is code example that work only with different index:

import numpy
x=numpy.zeros((5,5))
x[[0,2,4]]+=numpy.random.rand(3,5)
print x

This won't work if in the list [0,2,4], there is index duplication,
but with your new code, it will. I think it is the most used case of
advanced indexing. At least, for our lab:)

Fred