On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 6:15 PM, Sebastian Berg
<sebast...@sipsolutions.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-10-25 at 17:48 -0400, David Warde-Farley wrote:

> Don't worry about that failure on Travis... It happens randomly on at
> the moment and its unrelated to anything you are doing.

Ah, okay. I figured it was something like that.

> I am not sure though you can change behavior like that since you also
> change the default behavior of the `.copy()` method and someone might
> rely on that?

Oops, you're right. I assumed I was changing __copy__ only. Pull
request updated.

Given that behaviour is documented it really ought to be tested. I'll add one.

> Maybe making it specific to the copy model would make it
> unlikely that anyone relies on the default, it would seem sensible that
> copy.copy(array) does basically the same as np.copy(array) and not as
> the method .copy, though ideally maybe the differences could be removed
> in the long run I guess.

Agreed, but for now the .copy() method's default shouldn't change. I
think the scikit-learn usecase I described is a good reason why the
copy protocol methods should maintain data ordering, though.

David