This error started showing up in the test suite for mpl when using numpy
master.

AttributeError: incompatible shape for a non-contiguous array

The tracebacks all point back to various code points where we are trying to
set the shape of an array, e.g.,

offsets.shape = (-1, 2)

Those lines haven't changed in a couple of years, and was intended to be
done this way to raise an error when reshaping would result in a copy
(since we needed to use the original in those places).  I don't know how
these arrays have become non-contiguous, so I am wondering if there was
some sort of attribute that got screwed up somewhere (maybe with views?)

Cheers!
Ben Root