For people interested in the www.numpy.org home page:

Jon Turner has officially transferred the www.numpy.org domain to NumFOCUS.
 Thank you, Jon for this donation and for being a care-taker of the
domain-name.   We have setup the domain registration to point to
numpy.github.com and I've changed the CNAME in that repostiory to www.numpy.org

I've sent an email to have the numpy.scipy.org page to redirect to
www.numpy.org.

The NumPy home page can still be edited in this repository:
g...@github.com:numpy/numpy.org.git.   Pull requests are always welcome ---
especially pull requests that improve the look and feel of the web-page.

Two of the content changes that we need to make a decision about is

        1) whether or not to put links to books published (Packt publishing for
example has offered a higher percentage of their revenues if we put a prominent
link on www.numpy.org)
        2) whether or not to accept "Sponsored by" links on the home page for
donations to the project (e.g. Continuum Analytics has sponsored Ondrej release
management, other companies have sponsored pull requests, other companies may
want to provide donations and we would want to recognize their contributions to
the numpy project).

These decisions should be made by the NumPy community which in my mind are
interested people on this list.   Who is interested in this kind of discussion?

We could have these discussions on this list or on the
numfo...@googlegroups.com list and keep this list completely technical (which I
prefer, but I will do whatever the consensus is).

Best regards,

-Travis