Further to my previous emails about getting SIMD aligned arrays, I've
noticed that numpy arrays aren't always naturally aligned either.

For example, numpy.float96 arrays are not always aligned on 12-byte
boundaries under 32-bit linux/gcc. Indeed, .alignment on the array
always seems to return 4 (with 64-bit, .alignment returns 4, 8, and 16
for float32, float64 and longdouble respectively).

Can I assume _anything_ in general about the alignment of a numpy array?
(I mean, based on what all implementations of the underlying malloc etc
will return). Should I rely on what is returned from .alignment?

cheers,

Henry