I just read a web page on how to embed python in an application[1].

They explain that we can keep the symbol exported event if we
statically link the BLAS library in scipy. This make me think we could
just change how we compile the lib that link with BLAS and we will be
able to reuse it for other project!

But I didn't played much with this type of thing. Do someone have more
information? Do you think it would be useful?

Fred

[1] http://docs.python.org/2/extending/embedding.html#linking-requirements