Hi all,

In a recent scipy pull request (https://github.com/scipy/scipy/pull/459), I
ran into the problem of ufuncs automatically generating a signature in the
docstring using arguments such as 'x' or 'x1, x2'.  scipy.special has a lot
of ufuncs, and for most of them, there are much more descriptive or
conventional argument names than 'x'.  For now, we will include a nicer
signature in the added docstring, and grudgingly put up with the one
generated by the ufunc.  In the long term, it would be nice to be able to
disable the automatic generation of the signature.  I submitted a pull
request to numpy to allow that: https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/3149

Comments on the pull request would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Warren