I am a bit worried about the differences in results. Just to be sure
you are comparing apples with apples, it may be a good idea to set the
seed at the beginning:

np.random.seed( SEED )

where SEED is an int. This way, you will be inverting always the same
matrix, regardless of the Python version. I think, even if the timing
is different, the results should be the same.

http://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy/reference/generated/numpy.random.seed.html#numpy.random.seed

David.