Hi Ralf,

Your post comes just on time! I implemented the memory managed arrays and
noticed a serious problem with my capsule creation code (post I sent to the
list about the update on the 12th of March in reply to Bill Spotz "Request
code review of numpy.i changes"). For some reason, the code I wrote works
under Linux (or at least on my 12.04 ubuntu machine) but crashes in Windows
/ mingw-64, something I just found out about this week.

Specifically, "SWIG_Python_DestroyModule" seems to be the wrong function
call for the capsule and cobject destructor and I am really not sure why
the code worked when I was using testing it on my Linux machine.

I should have a bit of time over the week-end to look into this and a
couple of other things.

Anyway, for PyCObject_FromVoidPtr(), the destructor should be a call to
free() and for PyCapsule_New(), the destructor code should be a call to a
free_cap() function with the following content:

%#ifdef SWIGPY_USE_CAPSULE
  void free_cap(PyObject * cap)
  {
    void* array = (void*) PyCapsule_GetPointer(cap,SWIGPY_CAPSULE_NAME);
    if (array != NULL) free(array);
  }
%#endif

This works both in Linux and Windows / mingw-64.

I'll ping the list when I'm done testing.

Kind regards,
Egor