On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 5:45 PM, Nathaniel Smith <n...@pobox.com> wrote:
> Not sure how much time it's worth spending on coming up with new
> definitions for boolean subtraction, since even if we deprecate the
> current behavior now we won't be able to implement any of them for a
> year+, and then we'll end up having to go through these debates again
> then anyway.

I didn't argue against deprecation of the boolean minuses. I'm fine with that.

Just some early lobbying, and so I can save my examples where I can
google them in case I'm still around if or when we can revisit the
issue.
Once I turn of the python interpreter that I used for the examples, I
will forget everything about weird boolean operations.

One advantage of this thread is that I had to look up the math for
indicator functions, and that I have a better idea where I could use
logical operators instead of (linear) algebra.

Josef