Hello list,

I wrote this mini-nep for numpy but I've been advised it is more
appropriate for discussion on the list.

"""
The ``numpy.matrix`` API provides a low barrier to using Python
for linear algebra, just as the pre-3 Python ``input`` function
and ``print`` statement provided low barriers to using Python for
automatically evaluating input and for printing output.

On the other hand, it really needs to be deprecated.
Let's deprecate ``numpy.matrix``.
"""

I understand that numpy.matrix will not be deprecated any time soon,
but I hope this will register as a vote to help nudge its deprecation
closer to the realm of acceptable discussion.

Alex