On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 5:42 AM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gomm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It's possible to come up with an interesting proposal in this area I
> think. An issue may be that the FFT code in numpy and scipy isn't very
> actively worked on at the moment, so finding a suitable mentor could be
> tricky.

So should I choose another topic? Actually, I just read the thread "numpy
gsoc topic idea" and I found that the idea "vector math library
integration" really interests me!

And I have a qeustion: how can I find a suitable mentor?

Currently I'm digging into the source of numpy and trying to make a small
pull request. Also I keep thinking how to write a proper proposal.
Are these enough? Can I do more for now?

I will be grateful for any advice.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Leo Mao