On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 9:17 PM, Sturla Molden <sturla.mol...@gmail.com>wrote:

>  we could use Cython to write some of these things.
>
> So the idea of having a NumPy as a pure C library in the core is abandoned?

And at some point, there was the idea of a numpy_core library that could be
used entirely independently of cPython. I think Enthought did some work on
this for MS, to create a .net numpy, maybe?

I do still like that idea....

But there could be a "core" numpy and a "other stuff that is
cPython specific" layer than Cython would be great for.

-Chris

> --

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

chris.bar...@noaa.gov