Hi,

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 3:55 PM, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.har...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 4:40 PM, Matthew Brett <matthew.br...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 2:58 PM, Charles R Harris
>> <charlesr.har...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Remember all configuration output at the beginning of the build? One of
>> > those tries to link 'expm1{f, , l}' and sets the value of
>> > 'HAVE_EXPM1{F,,L}'
>> > accordingly. You can find the result in the `config.h` file in the build
>> > directory.
>>
>> Ah - thanks - that got me going - somewhere.
>>
>> I noticed that HAVE_EXPM1 is not defined in any of OSX, my Windows
>> build, Debian config.h - is that expected?
>

> It's defined for me,  gcc version 4.8.2 on fedora 20. I'm surprised that
> Debian doesn't show it, what compiler version does Debian provide?

Yes, sorry - I had an old version of numpy on Debian.  It is defined for 1.8.1

It's not defined on OSX because it is defined in pyconfig.h (via Python.h).

I was wrong, it is defined in config.h for Windows, I'm not sure how I
missed that.  Now I'm trying to understand why it's giving different
results from the tiny test function above,

Cheers,

Matthew