On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 6:36 AM, Matthew Brett <matthew.br...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Having a noSSE channel would make sense.

Indeed -- the default (i.e what you get with pip install numpy) should be
SSE2 -- I":d much rather have a few folks with old hardware have to go
through some hoops that n have most people get something that is "much
slower than MATLAB".

> The exe superbinary installers can also go on pypi without causing
> confusion to pip at least, but it would be good to have wheels as
> well.

it doesn't hurt to have them, but we really need to get Windows away from
the exe installers into the pip / virtualenv / etc world.

-Chris

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

chris.bar...@noaa.gov