On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 8:31 PM, Jaime Fernández del Río
<jaime.f...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 4:32 PM, Nathaniel Smith <n...@pobox.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 6:56 PM, Jaime Fernández del Río
>> <jaime.f...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Are we OK with the appending of size 1 dimensions to complete the core
>> > dimensions? That is, should matrix_multiply([1,1,1], [[1],[1],[1]])
>> > work, or
>> > should it complain about the first argument having less dimensions than
>> > the
>> > core dimensions in the signature?
>>
>> I think that by default, gufuncs should definitely *not* allow this.
>
> Too late! ;-)
>
> I just put together some working code and sent a PR implementing the
> behavior that Charles asked for:
>
> https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/5077
>
> Should we keep the discussion here, or take it over there?

I guess the default is, design discussions here where people can chime
in, code finickiness over there to avoid boring people? So that would
suggest keeping the discussion here until we've resolved the
high-level debate about what the behaviour should even be. But it
isn't a huge issue either way...

--
Nathaniel J. Smith
http://vorpus.org