On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 11:36 PM, Sturla Molden <sturla.mol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Robert Kern <robert.k...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Please stop haranguing the new guy for not knowing things that you
>> know.
>
> I am not doing any of that. You are the only one haranguing here.

I understand that it's not your *intention*, so please take this as a
well-meant caution from a outside observer that it *is* the effect of
your words on other people, and if you intend something else, you may
want to consider your words more carefully. The polite, welcoming
response to someone coming along with a straightforward,
obviously-correct contribution to our SWIG capabilities is "Thank
you!", not "perhaps you overestimate the number of NumPy users who use
Swig". You are entitled to your opinions on the relative merits of
Cython and SWIG and to argue for them, but not every thread mentioning
SWIG is an appropriate forum for hashing out that argument.

--
Robert Kern