On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 11:11 AM, Sturla Molden <sturla.mol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Nathaniel Smith <n...@pobox.com> wrote:
>
>>> [*] Actually, we could, but the binaries would be tainted with a viral
>>> license.
>>
>> And binaries linked with MKL are tainted by a proprietary license... They
>> have very similar effects,
>
> The MKL license is proprietary but not viral.

For our purposes, it has the same effect, though. As a project policy,
we only want to put out official binaries that can be used in both
proprietary and GPLed projects. Since proprietary licenses and GPL
licenses are mutually incompatible, we cannot use components that are
either proprietary or GPLed in our official binaries.

--
Robert Kern