Just to throw in my two cents here. I feel that sometimes, features are
tried out first elsewhere (possibly in scipy) and then brought down into
numpy after sufficient shakedown time. So, in some cases, I wonder if the
numpy version is actually more refined than the scipy version? Of course,
there is no way to know this from the documentation, which is a problem.
Didn't scipy have nanmean() for a while before Numpy added it in version
1.8?

Ben Root