I like your idea Josef, I'll add it to the PR. Just to be clear, we should
have something like:

Have a single "check_valid" keyword arg, which will default to warn, since
that is the current behavior. It will check approximate symmetry, PSDness,
and for NaN & infs. Other options on the check_valid keyword arg will be
ignore, and raise.

What should happen when "fix" is passed for check_valid? Set negative
eigenvalues to 0 and symmetrize the matrix?