On Sun, May 24, 2015 at 1:49 PM, Nathaniel Smith <n...@pobox.com> wrote:

> On May 24, 2015 8:43 AM, <josef.p...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Reminder: we are bottom or inline posting
>
> Can we stop hassling people about this? Inline replies are a great tool to
> have in your toolkit for complicated technical discussions, but I feel like
> our weird insistence on them has turned into a pointless and exclusionary
> thing. It's not like bottom replying is even any better -- the traditional
> mailing list rule is you trim quotes to just the part you're replying to
> (like this message); quoting the whole thing and replying underneath just
> to give people a bit of exercise for their scrolling finger would totally
> have gotten you flamed too.
>
> But email etiquette has moved on since the 90s, even regular posters to
> this list violate this "rule" all the time, it's time to let it go.

It's not a 90's thing and I learned about it around 2009 when I started in
here.
I find it very annoying trying to catch up with a longer thread and the
replies are all over the place.

Anne is a few years older than I in terms of numpy and scipy participation
and this was just intended to be a friendly reminder.

And as BTW: I'm glad Anne is back with scipy.

Josef