If you are going to do work at a terminal, I'd suggest using a library like
doitlive (http://doitlive.readthedocs.org/en/latest/) so you can't make
mistakes while still making it look like you are actually typing everything
at a terminal. You will also be able to share your exact terminal sessions
with the students if they want to come back to it later.