In my experience, it's also come up with finite-state-machines where
there's lots of loops.  You might consider something like a long-lived
client-loop on some socket, where states like try-connect, connected, and
while-connected-and-everythings-ok exist and each can have it's own never
ending loops and each loop jumps to each others section.  It actually is
more straightforward than adding unneeded layers like callbacks which will
force you to design and pass around data, use auxiliary classes/structs,
and it's easier to shoot yourself in the foot with burden and context loss
that way.

-Jason