On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 9:31 PM, Nathaniel Smith <n...@pobox.com> wrote:
[...]
> I believe that this would also break both 'easy_install numpy', and
> attempts to install numpy via the setup_requires= argument to
> setuptools.setup (because setup_requires= implicitly calls
> easy_install). install_requires= would *not* be affected, and
> setup_requires= would still be fine in cases where numpy was already
> installed.

On further investigation, it looks like the simplest approach to doing
this would actually treat easy_install and setup_requires= the same
way as they treat pip, i.e., they would all be allowed. (I was
misreading some particularly confusing code in setuptools.)

It also looks like easy_installed packages can at least be safely
upgraded, so I guess allowing this is okay :-).

-n

--
Nathaniel J. Smith -- http://vorpus.org