On 2015/12/03 12:47 PM, Charles R Harris wrote:
Hi All,

Thought I would raise the topic apropos this post
<http://www.curiousefficiency.org/posts/2015/04/stop-supporting-python26.html>
. There is not a great advantage to dropping 2.6, OTOH, 2.7 has more
features (memoryview) and we could clean up the code a bit.

Along the same lines, dropping support for Python 3.2 would allow more
cleanup. In fact, I'd like to get to 3.4 as soon as possible, but don't
know what would be a reasonable schedule. The Python 3 series might be
easier to move forward on, as I think that Python 3 is just now starting
to become the dominant version in some areas.

Chuck
<http://www.curiousefficiency.org/posts/2015/04/stop-supporting-python26.html>

Chuck,

I would support dropping the old versions now. As a related data point, matplotlib is testing master on 2.7, 3.4, and 3.5--no more 2.6 and 3.3.

Eric