Hi all,

There is a PR (#7026 <https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/7026>) that
documents the current behavior of np.random.uniform when the low and high
parameters it takes do not conform to the expected low < high. Basically:

   - if low < high, random numbers are drawn from [low, high),
   - if low = high, all random numbers will be equal to low, and
   - if low > high, random numbers are drawn from (high, low] (notice the
   change in the open side of the interval.)

My only worry is that, once we document this, we can no longer claim that
it is a bug.  So I would like to hear from others what do they think.  The
other more or less obvious options would be to:

   - Raise an error, but this would require a deprecation cycle, as people
   may be relying on the current undocumented behavior.
   - Check the inputs and draw numbers from [min(low, high), max(low, high)),
   which is minimally different from current behavior.

I will be merging the current documentation changes in the next few days,
so it would be good if any concerns were voiced before that.

Thanks,

Jaime

--
(\__/)