On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 7:39 PM, BERGER Christian <christian.ber...@3ds.com>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> Here's a potentially dumb question: is it possible to build NumPy with
> gcc, if python was built with icc?
>
> Right now, the build is failing in the toolchain check phase, because gcc
> doesn't know how to handle icc-specific c flags (like -fp-model, prec-sqrt,
> ...)
>
> In our environment we're providing an embedded python that our customers
> should be able to use and extend with 3rd party modules (like numpy).
> Problem is that our sw is built using icc, but we don't want to force our
> customers to do the same and we also don't want to build every possible 3rd
> party module for our customers.

If you are the one providing python, your best bet is to post process your
python to strip the info from Intel-specific options. The process is
convoluted, but basically:

- at configure time, python makes a difference between CFLAGS and OPTS, and
will store both in your Makefile
- when python is installed, it will parse the Makefile and generate some
dict written in the python stdlib as _sysconfigdata.py

_sysconfigdata.py is what's used by distutils to build C extensions.

This is only valid on Unix/cygwin, if you are on windows, the process is
completely different.

David