On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 11:27 AM, Olivier Grisel
<olivier.gri...@ensta.org> wrote:

>> The github releases idea sounds intriguing.   Do you have any
>> experience with that?  Are there good examples other than the API
>> documentation?
>>
>> https://developer.github.com/v3/repos/releases/
>
> I never used it by I assume we could create a numpy-openblas repo to
> host official builds suitable for embedding numpy wheels for stable
> each releases of OpenBLAS:
>
> There is also a travis deployment target.
>
> https://docs.travis-ci.com/user/deployment/releases

Ah - thanks - that's good resource.

> I have not sure that the travis timeout is long enough to build
> openblas. I believe so but I have not tried myself yet.

Yes, the manylinux-builds repo currently builds openblas for each
entry in the build matrix, so it's easily within time:

https://travis-ci.org/matthew-brett/manylinux-builds/builds/123643313

It would be good to think of a way of supporting a set of libraries,
such as libpng, freetype, openblas.  We might need to support both
64-bit and 32-bit versions as well.  Then, some automated build script
would by default pick up the latest of these for numpy, matplotlib
etc.

Matthew