Hi,

I really tried to do my homework before asking this here, but I just couldn't find the relevant information anywhere...

My question is about the rationale behind forbidding indexing with floats, i.e.:

>>> x[2.]
__main__:1: VisibleDeprecationWarning: using a non-integer number instead of an integer will result in an error in the future

I don't find this very handy from a user's perspective, and I'd be grateful for pointers on discussion threads and/or PRs where this has been discussed, so that I can understand why it's important.

Maybe a short note on the indexing docpage
(http://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy-1.11.0/user/basics.indexing.html)
could be useful also.

Thanks a lot!

Fabien