Hi,

On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 6:31 AM, Evgeni Burovski
<evgeny.burovs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm pleased to announce the availability of the first release
> candidate for scipy 0.18.0.
> Please try this release and report any issues on Github tracker,
> https://github.com/scipy/scipy, or scipy-dev mailing list.
> Source tarballs and release notes are available from Github releases,
> https://github.com/scipy/scipy/releases/tag/v0.18.0rc1
>
> Please note that this is a source-only release. We do not provide
> Windows binaries for this release. OS X and Linux wheels will be
> provided for the final release.
>
> The current release schedule is
>
> 27 June: rc2 (if necessary)
> 11 July:  final release
>
> Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Evgeni
>

> A part of the release notes follows:
>

> ==========================
> SciPy 0.18.0 Release Notes
> ==========================
>
> .. note:: Scipy 0.18.0 is not released yet!
>
> .. contents::
>
> SciPy 0.18.0 is the culmination of 6 months of hard work. It contains
> many new features, numerous bug-fixes, improved test coverage and
> better documentation.  There have been a number of deprecations and
> API changes in this release, which are documented below.  All users
> are encouraged to upgrade to this release, as there are a large number
> of bug-fixes and optimizations.  Moreover, our development attention
> will now shift to bug-fix releases on the 0.19.x branch, and on adding
> new features on the master branch.
>
> This release requires Python 2.7 or 3.4-3.5 and NumPy 1.7.1 or greater.

Thanks a lot for taking on the release.

I put the manylinux1 and OSX wheel building into a single repo to test
64- and 32-bit linux wheels.  There's a test run with the 0.18.0rc1
code here:

https://travis-ci.org/MacPython/scipy-wheels/builds/139084454

For Python 3 I am getting these errors:
https://github.com/scipy/scipy/issues/6292

For all 32-bit builds I am getting this error:
https://github.com/scipy/scipy/issues/6093

For the Python 3 32-bit builds I am also getting this error:
https://github.com/scipy/scipy/issues/6101

For the builds that succeeded without failure (all OSX and manylinux1
for 64 bit Python 2.7), you can test with:

python -m pip install -U pip
pip install --trusted-host wheels.scipy.org -f
https://wheels.scipy.org -U --pre scipy

Thanks again, sorry for the tiring news,

Matthew