Hi,

I just succeeded in getting an automated dual arch build of numpy and
scipy, using OpenBLAS.  See the last three build jobs in these two
build matrices:

https://travis-ci.org/matthew-brett/numpy-wheels/builds/140388119
https://travis-ci.org/matthew-brett/scipy-wheels/builds/140684673

Tests are passing on 32 and 64-bit.

I didn't upload these to the usual Rackspace container at
wheels.scipy.org to avoid confusion.

So, I guess the question now is - should we switch to shipping
OpenBLAS wheels for the next release of numpy and scipy?  Or should we
stick with the Accelerate framework that comes with OSX?

In favor of the Accelerate build : faster to build, it's what we've
been doing thus far.

In favor of OpenBLAS build : allows us to commit to one BLAS / LAPACK
library cross platform, when we have the Windows builds working.
Faster to fix bugs with good support from main developer.  No
multiprocessing crashes for Python 2.7.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Matthew