** Changed in: nunitv2

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of NUnit
Core Developers, which is the registrant for NUnit Framework.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/605034

Title:
  Log4net not working with NUnit

Status in NUnit Test Framework:
  Triaged
Status in NUnit V2 Test Framework:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  Problem: Using log4net with newer versions of nunit means that no
  log file is created.

  Demonstration follows.

  I created the solution in VS 2008.
  The OS is Windows XP.
  I tested using both the nunit GUI and console.
  I compared Nunit 2.2.5 with 2.5.5 (I suspect 2.5.0 will fail as well.)
  The solution is created as a console app.

  When the app is run as a console application a Log file is produced.
  When the app is run using 2.2.5 a Log file is produced.
  When the app is run using 2.5.5 no Log file is produced.

  There are two files in the solution: Log.config and Program.cs

  Following comes from a file name "Log.config"

  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
  <log4net debug="false">

    <appender name="DefaultLogFile" type="log4net.Appender.RollingFileAppender">
        <file value=".\Log" />
        <appendToFile value="false" />
        <staticLogFileName value="false" />
        <rollingStyle value="Date" />
        <datePattern value="'.'yyyyMMdd'.log'" />

          <conversionPattern value="%utcdate{ABSOLUTE} %-5level
%message%newline" />

        </layout>
    </appender>

    <root>
      <level value="All" />
      <appender-ref ref="DefaultLogFile" />
    </root>
  </log4net>

  Following is Program.cs

  using System;
  using System.Reflection;
  using NUnit.Framework;

  [assembly: log4net.Config.XmlConfiguratorAttribute(ConfigFile =
  "Log.config", Watch = true)]

  namespace TestNunitLog4net
  {
  [TestFixture]
  public class Program
  {
    private static readonly log4net.ILog log
          = log4net.LogManager.GetLogger(
              MethodBase.GetCurrentMethod().DeclaringType);

    // Test scenarios
    //   Test 1: Works - log show up (gui and console)
    //        log4net: 1.2.10.0
    //        Nunit: 2.2.5.0

    //   Test 2: Fails - no log file (gui and console)
    //        log4net: 1.2.10.0
    //        Nunit: 2.5.5.10112

    // Following has no impact.
    // It exists just so we can see it in log.
    private readonly String exeType;

    static void Main()
    {
      Program p = new Program("Exe");