I'm still working on the interface to the UPS we're selling.  USB works great
with NUT in Linux, and natively through Windows battery support.  Now I'm
looking over the serial protocol.  I can essentially make it anything I want,
and it's VERY tempting to make my own protocol that is intuitive and simple,
but I have a feeling every UPS maker does that.  So, before I do that...is
there a good, simple, robust protocol in use in multiple UPS's out there that
is somewhat well documented that I could support instead?  It would probably
make integrating NUT/serial easier as well.

I looked at what seemed to be some generic serial drivers in NUT, but the
commands supported and response patterns didn't make a lot of sense to
me....though I'm not sure how much it really matters if the serial protocol is
"readable" to a human.

Thanks.

Rob Groner