On Sep 11, 2017, at 5:40 PM, Jason Berg <jbsw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The Hardware Compatibility List page on our website said to report any
> omissions in the list to this address.  I bought a CyberPower UPS Model
> LX1500GU.  It looks similar to the CP1500AVRLCD. My intention is to configure
> it in FreeNAS (FreeBSD).  The FreeNAS user guide says it uses NUT to provide
> UPS support an contains a link to your website for a list of drivers of
> supported UPS devices.  I didn't see my UPS in the list of supported UPS's.
>
> Please let me know if a driver exists that is known or expected to work.

Most of the USB Cyber Power UPSes work with the usbhid-ups driver without any
additional configuration. I suspect that choosing the CP1500AVRLCD in the GUI
will work.

We do have a few open issues regarding the accuracy of the measurements
returned to the driver (especially "output.voltage") and other items such as
shutdown timer resolution:

   https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/labels/CyberPower%20%28CPS%29

but note that the "low battery" flag is determined by the UPS itself, so
voltage inaccuracies reported by NUT  should not affect the default shutdown
trigger.

If things work with the usbhid-ups driver, can you please send us the output of
"upsc" for your UPS?

   http://networkupstools.org/stable-hcl.html#footnotes

It will help us maintain the larger database (the NUT DDL) that feeds into the
driver list that FreeNAS uses. DDL links:

   http://networkupstools.org/ddl/Cyber_Power_Systems/

   http://new.networkupstools.org/ddl/Cyber_Power_Systems/ (updates since last
NUT release)