On Sep 19, 2017, at 3:21 AM, Spiros Ioannou <siv...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I attach a patch for phoenixcontact_modbus.c
>
> This patch does the following:
>
> * Marks driver as DRV_BETA
> * Fixes stale data detection when cable is disconnected
>
> I can open a pull request if needed.

Looks good to me. Which email address do you want on the commit, gmail or
inaccess.com (which is on the original driver commit)?

> p.s.
> please consider a faster tag/release schedule as currently linux repositories
> include old versions. Sure we can make packages ourselves, but it's better to
> have support and upgrades from official repo sources.

I don't see a strong correlation between faster release cycles and faster
upstream adoption.

I understand the interest in a new release. However, the distros have had
plenty of time to upgrade to 2.7.4, but we are still cherry-picking patches to
apply to distro packages of 2.7.2 and 2.7.3. I don't think that's necessarily a
bad thing - I would much rather see a component like NUT get upgraded
carefully, than be subject to frequent updates that need to be re-tested on
production equipment.

This was also just discussed on nut-upsuser:
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsuser/2017-September/010908.html