Looking at the output of lsub in my original message:
`bNumInterfaces          1`
Then there's only one Interface Descriptor section.

I can modify the USB code the runs on the Arduino, if needed. I'm looking
for help on what is going wrong and what I could modify to fix it. I have
seen reports of folks claiming this just worked for them out of the box, so
unsure what to do next.