On 7/10/06, Matt Richardson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I've been using nut to manage a variety of smart and dumb UPS's for
about a year now, so I've got no excuse for just subscribing to the
list now.  Except maybe that the debian-user lists provide plenty of
reading material.  Anyway,  I recently updated a couple of boxes to
2.6.15 kernels from 2.4.x and got to learn fun things about udev.  I'm
happy to do a write up on a simple udev rule to make permissions and
ownership stick across reboots if anyone would find this helpful.

I think this is originally from an email sent by Bruno Wolff:

You can copy the file scripts/hotplug-ng/nut-usbups.rules.in to
/etc/udev/rules.d/nut-usbups.rules . You will probab;ly need to create
the rules.d directory. rules.d and nut-usbups.rules can be publicly
readable and should be owned by root. In nut-usbups.rules you need to
substitute @RUN_AS_USER@ with nut .

Worked just last week on a mixed sarge/testing box.

--
- Charles Lepple