On 9/22/06, Jeff Knerr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 11:56:09PM -0400, Charles Lepple wrote:
 >> I added some more code to SVN trunk (rev 527). Let me know how it
 >> goes. You might not want to limit it to just ups.debug, as I tried to
 >> apply some old protocol notes to decoding the values that come back.

 Thanks, Charles. I ran another test using rev 527. It looks better (the
 status line now says OL), but I'm not sure about a few things. I put
 the debug output here: http://www.cs.swarthmore.edu/~knerr/ups.html
 Let me know if that's not the best format for you.

 Here are my observations from the debug data:

 - battery.test.status always says "Battery state unknown" (not sure if
   that's important or not)

Have you ever done a battery test on that unit? I think it's just
saying that there are no test results to report. I can change that
wording.

There are some "instant commands" defined for this UPS, including one
to start a battery test.

 - ups.status says OL even after I pull the plug. Should it say "on
   battery" or something?

Yes, it should.

Note that "ups.debug.S" stays the same when on battery - this is
different from the OMNIVS series.

 - ups.temperature looks ok until I pull the plug, then goes to -20.6
   (but I doubt I'll use this for anything)

Interesting. I might be off by a character on parsing that field.

 - once the battery light goes red, the ups.status changes to OL LB, so
   that seems to work!

 Let me know if you think there's more to fix here. And thanks again for
 helping with this.

No problem. I'll be out all weekend, but maybe I can play with the
code again next week. Thanks again for the feedback.

--
- Charles Lepple