On Oct 27, 2009, at 11:56 AM, Arnaud Quette <aquette....@gmail.com> wrote:

2009/10/27 Antoine Gatineau:
 Hello,

salut Antoine,

I'm back again on this issue.
I have contacted Red Hat support but they won't do anything to help since it is not an official Red Hat package. Unless I prove the conflict come from
RH.

So I am trying to figure out what is going on.

Adding -DDDDD will not add any more log at the services stop.

When I look at the sources, I couldn't find the piece of code that release properly the usb UPS device. There is just a normal SIGTERM handling. Is
this normal?

not at all, everything is clean here ;-)
what you're looking for is drivers/usbhid-ups.c->upsdrv_cleanup()
the comm_driver->close() will more specifically call, in your case,
the libusb.c backend, and so the usb_close() function.

I also noticed that there are debug logs but I don't know how to activate
them... Can somebody tell me how to do it?

I'm not sure for RHEL, but you should look around /etc/syslog.conf,
man syslog.conf and /var/log/debug

Arnaud,

Antoine may be referring to the debug information from the drivers but I don't think we have narrowed it down to something that can be resolved with those logs.