"lsusb" always shows the UPS.  It's always there with an ls -al.

I can start the thing, and it doesn't load.... wait a minute and try again and
it doesn't load....
wait another minute and it loads.... then try to restart a minute later and it
doesn't load.

> You might also benefit from adjusting these variables:
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsuser/2016-October/010352.html
> though I would consider it a stop-gap measure. At some point, unless you have
> many of the same model. the cost of the time to fiddle with it may exceed the
> value of the UPS.

Oh, that was exceeded _weeks_ ago.  The customer for some reason wants this one.

Nut-upsuser mailing list