On Thu, 1 Feb 2018, Lee Damon wrote:

I've "fixed" this problem by modifying the nutshutdown script:
        #!/bin/sh
        # stop nut driver to free up access to the device
        /sbin/systemctl stop nut-driver
        # make sure it has time to die
        sleep 2
        # check to see if we need to actually shutdown the UPS then do it
        /usr/sbin/upsmon -K >/dev/null 2>&1 && /usr/sbin/upsdrvctl shutdown

I don't have NUT + systemd + CentOS/RHEL, but I'm confused by your script. "upsdrvctl" is a front end to your driver. You are sending a command via upsdrvctl and via your driver _after_ you have stopped the driver? And it works?

How did/do you solve this problem?

I don't use the nutshutdown script, but rather a systemd service unit which is called much earlier in the shutdown process. This allows logging of the action. It's described in Appendix B.2 at http://rogerprice.org/NUT/ConfigExamples.A5.pdf#subsection.B.2

Roger