On Mar 27, 2018, at 5:47 PM, <p1_p1...@seznam.cz> wrote:

> if somebody has same problem with APC BackUPS (SmartUPS works correctly in
> same USB)
> USE FASTEST USB that U have on board, (if you have USB 2.0 and USB 3.0
> onboard use one 3.0 port for UPS),
> sounds like nonsense, but it works, just OMG and halelujah for linux usb
> drivers.

According to this, your UPS is using the slowest possible USB 1.1 signaling
rate, so success after changing from a 2.0 to a 3.0 port might just be
coincidence:

                                                  vvvvvvv
T:  Bus=02 Lev=02 Prnt=03 Port=00 Cnt=01 Dev#=  4 Spd=1.5 MxCh= 0
D:  Ver= 1.10 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS= 8 #Cfgs=  1
P:  Vendor=051d ProdID=0002 Rev=01.06
S:  Manufacturer=American Power Conversion
S:  Product=Back-UPS RS 1500 FW:8.g9 .I USB FW:g9

Also, if you are having intermittent trouble with drivers, you can use the
maxrestart and retrydelay options:
http://networkupstools.org/docs/man/ups.conf.html

We have had some reports of issues with VMware and USB. This can affect systems
with APC UPSes, because the driver needs to be able to pull the model number to
apply model-specific fixes. Versions after NUT 2.7.2 have a partial fix for
this, but in your case, you should be able to automatically retry with the
aforementioned options.