Fredrik Andersson wrote:
I just ported a lot of old 0.6 code to 0.7-dev/mapred. Lots of stuff
has changed I see! One thing I can't quite grasp though, is why the
Hit.getScore() has been removed in favour for the TopDocs-thingie
instead?

Hit.getScore() was generalized to Hit.getSortValue() in order to support sorting results by things other than score. If you sort by score, as is the default, then ((FloatWritable)Hit.getSortValue()).get() is the score. But if you sort by, e.g., a date string, then ((UTF8)Hit.getSortValue()).toString() is the date string sorted on, and the score is unavailable. Perhaps the score should be made available regardless?

Doug