Doug Cutting wrote:
Here's a near-term plan for Nutch.

1. Release Nutch 0.7, based on current trunk. We should do this ASAP. Are there bugs in trunk that we need to fix before this can be done? The trunk will be copied to a 0.7 release branch.

I'll be back from vacation in 3-4 days, I hope I can do some work in the meantime; I'd like to close some bugs marked with Major (e.g. the multi-line protocol properties), and perhaps integrate the RSS parser before the release. Other than that I think we should do it ASAP. So, I would propose a deadline of Aug 8 for the last commits, and then perhaps Aug 15 for the release?

2. Merge the mapred branch to trunk.

3. Move the packages org.apache.nutch.{io,ipc,fs,ndfs,mapred} into a separate project for distributed computing tools. If the Lucene PMC approves this, it would be a new Lucene sub-project, a Nutch sibling.

I concur. They are very useful at times in unrelated projects.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><