Piotr Kosiorowski wrote:
After making a tar I was trying to go through crawl tutorial.
 - tar xvfz nutch-0.7.tar.gz
 bin/nutch - is not executable (and nutch-daemon.sh too).

It is strange nobody reported it so far so it may still be my fault.

No, it looks like a problem with ant's tar task, which erases executable bits. In prior releases I think Nutch used to directly exec 'tar czf' since ant's tar task didn't support compression. Since it added compression we started using the ant task...

But if not - should we make a release with bin/* scripts not executable or change the build process?

I think we should fix this before we release.

Good job catching it.

Doug