Apache Wiki wrote:
1. The SVN repository consists of the following areas:

 a. '''Release-x.x''' branches [ ... ]

This should also mention tags, fixed versions of the code where no development occurs.

I also would prefer that tag names and branch names are distinct, to decrease confusion. In particular I do not like the word "Release" in a branch name, since that implies it is a released version. I think only tags should be called releases.

Glancing at other Apache projects in subversion, I see that httpd uses branch names like "2.2.x" and tag names like "2.2.4". That's a little cryptic. I propose that we use branch names like "branch-2.4" and tag names like "release-2.4.1". What do folks think?

Doug